Saturday, June 19

The Sound Around

Music is everywhere. All you have to do is listen.


Flying back to San Francisco yesterday, I began to hear things. In the clicks of people's footsteps was a complex drum line, syncopating the beat of travelers rushing towards their final destination. The preflight safety demonstration like a well practiced ballet, complete with seat belted pirouettes.

I stared out the window at the clouds over the United States and ascribed a sound or instrument to various clouds as we flew by, creating a mental symphony 3000 miles long. I got back to the city and edited this video together to share the experience.


1 comment:

terese said...

When you were small, I would put different music on, each night, as you fell asleep. As I sat perched on the edge of your bed,listening with you I would ask: "what do you see and feel when you hear this piece?"

Remember?